Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Stash Busting

When I first started knitting, I started watching a show called Knitty Gritty on DIY. This is how I became familiar with all different weights and fibers of yarn. I became fascinated with bulky yarns, because of the instant gratification you get from a quick knit, using big needles and thick yarn. For a short while, everytime Hobby Lobby put a few skeins of Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick in the clearance bin, I'd grab them up. I was so happy with all the thick yarn I was accumulating, but unfortunately, I didn't have enough of any one color to make a nice project. Realizing my mistake, I stashed the yarn I'd already bought in one of my trunks, and quit my habit of buying every skein of Thick & Quick I saw. I'd forgotten about them until yesterday, when I was browsing the Lion Brand website for free patterns. I found the perfect project for using up some of my stashed skeins. It's a car blanket with a pocket, that folds up into a pillow. Pretty cool. I had so much fun opening that trunk, and scrounging for yarn...and I even had a little "help" from Morty. If you'd like to see the pattern I'll be knitting, you can click here.

2 comments:

  1. I went to Lionbrand home page but I didn't find the pattern you are talking about. I browsed a little but didn't know where to look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The link will take you to the page with the photo and supplies needed. For the pattern, click the 'download' icon.

    ReplyDelete