Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Protect Us, Lord

"Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side?..." Job 1:10

Unable to sleep, and still feeling edgy about my stressful day, I decided to get up and check on Morty again. He was peacefully sleeping on the deck of the screened in porch. I breathed a sigh of relief, and stood watching him for a while, when from the direction of the neighbor's yard came a big raccoon. He walked almost right up to the porch, stopped, sniffed the air, then went on his way. Thank you, Jesus for your protection.
Dear Lord, please protect my home, my husband, and my pets. Keep out anything and everything that might cause us harm. Please, do not allow any wild animals near my cats, indoors or out. Please protect us as we sleep, and all thoughout the day. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Amen! I don't know where I would be without His protection and the knowledge that He is by me all time to protect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. God is good all the time

    ReplyDelete