Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

In Great Pain!

Dave and I have been needing to clean up our yard for weeks, but it has rained almost every weekend. The grass had gotten to such a dreadful length that we no longer had a choice. Yesterday, after I got home from prayer meeting, we got busy. We did it the same way we did last time, with me mowing and Dave working the weedeater. Dave had gotten his mower fixed, and was excited about me using it. According to him, it was going to be much easier on me than last time, because his mower is self propelled and doesn't require a lot of strength to push it. About half way though the back yard, I was almost dead. I thought to myself that either he's lying to me, or I'm the biggest weakling alive. I wasn't about to let it beat me, so I guess stubbornness alone is how I got though it. By the time the yard was finished, I was actually dizzy. I blamed this on the heat and humidity.
Later that night, I finally confessed to Dave that I didn't like his mower. I told him I didn't know how he could possibly think it was easier to use than Kim's push mower we had borrowed before. Well, apparantly, there was a lever down the side of the handle bar that I was supposed to pull. Not knowing this, I did our back and front yards without the mower in proper gear, and today, I'm paying. I could have saved myself a lot of pain if I'd just confessed to Dave that I was having a hard time, but no.....I had to proove I could do it. Doesn't the Bible say something about pride?

1 comment:

  1. O man. Don't you hate it when something like that happens. I hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete