Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Great Deal

I love going to Tuesday Morning. Looking though the store is such an adventure because you honestly never know what you'll find. Once in a while, you come across a sale that is just too good to pass up. I found such a sale my last visit. I was actually looking for a cat tree to replace the old one on the back screened porch. It is so covered in hair and dust that no amount of vacuuming has cleaned it up. New cat furniture is so pricey at Petco and Dave thinks the do-it-yourself items from Walmart aren't durable enough to hold our big moose cats (and he's probably right lol). So we decided to check Tuesday Morning. Since their pet section is right across from their crafts, I just had check for yarn. Normally, they don't have much, but there was a nice surprise waiting for me this time. I discovered 5 hanks of Araucania Pamaire solid, which is a high quality 100% Pima Cotton yarn, in a burnt orange color (The color is much more subdued than the photo portrays, but I included it anyway, because this is such a great shot of Morty). According to the lable, each hank is normally $12.99, but I got them for $5.99. So now I am the proud owner of 915 yards if pima cotton yarn. I bought them planning to knit myself a Liesl cardigan, but I think I want to browse through my patterns again before I decide for sure. This is going to be so much fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment