Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Hope I'm Ready

Tomorrow, I'll be bringing the lesson for Sunday School. I had been having these random thoughts all last weekend, and I thought they'd someday make a good message, but I had no idea it would be so soon. It wasn't until I discussed a few of them with Dave that I began to seriously consider bringing it to the church. Tuesday night, I learned that our pastor will be out of town Sunday, and was looking for someone to fill in. I saw it as an opening, and agreed to teach the adult class's lesson. I hope I did the right thing. I just thought that my thoughts and ideas coming at the same time an opening became available was just too timely to be an accident. I have confidence in God, and in the message I feel he gave me, but public speaking isn't my strength. I have my notes all organized, and I know what I want to say, but I could really use all of your prayers. I really want this to go well, so it can be a help to someone who may need it. Even if it's just one person, it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment