Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Friday, June 25, 2010

Thank You

I know it's not a secret that I've been pretty down lately. It seems like Summer is harder for me than any other time. It's too hot to get out in the garden, and since the kids are out of school, driving seems more dangerous for someone as nervous as I am. Because of this, I spend the majority of my time hiding out in the house. This always leads to thinking, which leads to worrying, which leads to guilt...and so on...
Well, somebody must have really prayed for me this week, because for the last couple of days, I've felt more like my old self than I have in a long time. Today, I finished knitting the last dishcloth in a set of three, and my ruffled scarf, on the blocking boards, is now dry and ready to be finished off. Morty is still overgrooming, but he's acting more like his old self. He even greeted us at the door when we came back from our afternoon walk, something he hasn't done in a long time. I think I'm going to try to, instead of begging for God to stop his overgrooming, focus on thanking God that he's happy and healthy. That's really all that matters, isn't it? Please, Lord, help me because I really want to do this.
So, for all of my family and friends, who have prayed for me, thank you! It seems to have helped, and I appreciate it!

2 comments:

  1. Praise God you feel better. I saw the pics of your work on face book. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I noticed you had joined. :)

    ReplyDelete