Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Monday, June 28, 2010

A Good Week

Dave has been on vacation from the radio station for a week. He still had the local tv news show to do, so he wasn't completely off, but we still had a great time. He got to sleep in, then relax with his coffee and newspaper until lunch time (well, except for the vet visits earlier in the week). He also had time to do some cooking, which he loves. Saturday, we got to go to Plano, where my favorite yarn store, The Woolie Ewe, is. Dave dropped me off to shop for about an hour while he went to Fry's. I got two hanks of Malabrigo sock yarn and a couple of cute little project bags. After he picked me up, we went to Costco to stock up on some of our favorite snacks and some catfood, before heading home. I just love a good road trip, and it had been so long since we'd gotten out of town. Sunday was an awesome day. At church, we had the best lesson. I felt God's Spirit with me for the first time in weeks.
Now it's back our regular routine. I'm going to miss having Dave with me in the mornings, but I can still look forward to our lunch hours together. I really do have a great life.

2 comments: