Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Lord, Help Me...

"...Lord, I believe; Help thou mine unbelief!" Mark 9:24

When I started this blog, I purposed in my heart to keep my posts on a positive note, making it a pleasant reading experience for my friends. I've strayed a couple of times, but I think on the whole, I've managed to do that. In fact, I don't know why I decided to make this public, but lately I'm really discouraged. I've been praying for a certain situation in my home since November of last year. I won't bore you with the details, because this is something that is so small that I shouldn't be bothered by it, but for some reason it has become a source of spiritual torment. I've been told by many strong people of faith that God has heard my pleas and will answer them. I believe this to be true, but I'd be lying if I said there hasn't been doubts. The part of me who grew up knowing God still knows that he will answer my prayer in His perfect time, but the part of me who has been living with this thing for months has grown weary and weak in my faith. It's just such a small thing, I don't understand why God is taking so long to fix it, but as the scripture says, His ways are not our ways.
Please, God, I need you. Help me with these feelings of anger an doubt, and bring me back to where I need to be. This small thing has grown too big and heavy for me to carry. Please take it from me for good. Please, help me to leave it with you, and not take it back...

2 comments:

  1. Bitsi, I pray that this matter will be resolved..very soon. I know we are supposed to be patient and patience is a virtue but sometimes Lord, we need a speedy answer. I pray for that right now..In Jesus Name..Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your prayers. I've had a baaaad attitude lately, and I don't like feeling this way.
    Prayer meeting was last night, and I'm feeling better. Maybe this time..

    ReplyDelete