Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

"Honor you father and your mother, as the Lord, your God has commanded you..." Deuteronomy 5:16

Even though my Dad is no longer with us physically, He will live forever in our memories. I'd like to take a moment today to honor him...
As an ironworker, he loved building things. He worked for a company responsible for many of Dallas' famous buildings, including the original Texas Stadium. He took great pride in this accomplishment, and shared stories of the experience. At home, he was devoted to Mom and his children. He loved the outdoors, and his hobbies included gardening, hunting, and fishing. He was always quick to share anything he had with someone in need, and loved to help others in any way he could. The church where I still worship today was built, by him and a team of men from congregation, using a blueprint he'd drawn on the back of a paper plate. I am forever thankful to God for blessing me with such a father.

Sterling Templeton, sr
September 27, 1927-April 27, 2009

4 comments:

  1. Dad was a real family man. He was proud of his family and proud of his work. Good story about him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great and oh so true tribute to dad. Thanks Jennifer, for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I told Norma she had to read your tribute to Dad...it is beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, thank you, sisters. Every word is true, and from the heart. Looking at old pictures had gotten me thinking about him again.

    ReplyDelete