Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Roses And Cats?

My potted rosebushes are alive with new buds. After feeding the cats Tuesday morning, I decided to take some pictures to show my readers the explosion of color that awaits us. Later, as I was reviewing the shots on my computer, I noticed that I had captured Scruffy and Sassy, peacefully enjoying their meal, in the background of one. I just love the way the rosebushes frame the two cats, adding an image of peace an contentment to the whole picture. I hope ya'll can see it, too. It's such a good feeling to provide feral cats with a place where they can feel safe.

4 comments:

  1. This is the first time I have signed in for a few days but I went down through all the posts I missed but I am only going to comment here.

    The pictures of your plants are really good. Refreshing to see all the new life. Spring is back.

    The cats in the back ground is very cute, too.

    I really enjoyed the visit Tuesday. It has beena long time since I was at your home. Added blessing to see Glenda and Perry, too. I went to the hospital afterwards so I, too saw all of my sisters that day!!!!!

    I really like your room. I bet you are so excited about all that is done to it.

    I pray you have a good night. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your roses. I also want mine to be fragrant. The scent is stronger if you also plant garlic chives with them..also helps keep aphids away..you probably know all this. I planted them with my climbing rose and it did help a lot with aphid control.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually learned that little tip from you, but I didn't get it exactly right. The chives I planted in my rose pots are just regular onion chives. Still, I don't seem to have an aphid problem...

    ReplyDelete