Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Breaking The Silence

I can't believe a whole week passed, and I didn't update my blog. This is the time of year, when my plants awaken, and last year I had a post almost every day. Sometimes two a day. I guess part of me feels that it would be too repetative to reblog my garden every year. Of course, another reason I haven't checked in is because of the week I've had. Lots of anxiety, and I just didn't feel like boring my readers with another of my episodes. But, as always, this, too, has passed, ushering in a much more pleasant latter part of the week. Dave bought me some lemon thyme yesterday, and I did some potting. I took the potting soil from last year's annuals, stirred it up to break apart any clods, and mixed in some Shake n' Feed. There really is no reason it shouldn't work, and I'm pretty proud of myself for saving us some money. Today, Dave and I went to the Costco in Rockwall. We go monthly to stock up on our dry cat food and litter. We used to feed our cats whatever food was on sale at the grocery store, but when the food manufacturers reduced the size of thier food bags, we found it much less expensive to feed our cats the Kirkland brand food. It's a good quality food, with meat as the first ingredient, and comes in 25 lb bags. We also get Scoop Away litter for much less than most store brands cost where we live. We also take advantage of their sales and coupons on many items we use daily. These Costco visits are perfect, because they allow us a chance to get out of town once a month with no guilt. Well, there's really not much more to say. I just wanted to let my readers know that I'm still around. I hope all is well with each and every one of you.

3 comments:

  1. I hope I get to feeling like planting my window boxes this year. We also like Costco. The Kirklands brand cranberry juice is very good and affordable. I love the frozen oatmeal and that is the only place you can get it. We bought our new tv for the bedroom at Sam's. the one we wanted was $50. cheaper at Sam's. $50.00 is $50. Chin up...things do get better but I know it is hard to believe that when we walk through the low times. BTW, I love to hear about your gardening. I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be posting some garden pictures soon. I just can't let a season go by and not mention my garden at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear from you. I enjoy hearing about and seeing pics of your garden.

    Thanks for bringing the cabinet. I really like it. I switched places with it and the toy shelf by the hall. I like it there and there is nothing to mess with opening the doors. I put the boy's DVDs in it tonight. I will put mine in later.

    Pray you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete