Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My New Sweater

Yes, I actually made a sweater for myself, and, wonder of wonders, it actually fits. It's extremely comfortable, like a warm hug. The only problem with it is the model. I've worn baggy, shapeless clothes for so long that I'm completely uncomfortable wearing something that fits. I had lost some weight, and thought I'd gotten passed some of my fears and poor body image issues, but I saw these pictures and they all came rushing back. Oh, well. I'm trying to accept myself, and I'm hoping this sweater will be step one in the right direction. (Note to self: in the future, wear a beige bra instead of white). The pattern is Cozy V-Neck Sweater with Deep Ribbing, and it's from Stephanie Japel's Fitted Knits book. The pattern is easy, and perfect for beginners, who are ready to branch out a bit, and try their hand at sweater knitting. It's knit in the round from the top down so you can try it on as you go (probably the only reason I was able to get such a good fit). The yarn I used is Lion brand's Wool-ease, a machine washable blend of 20% wool, 80% acrylic. The color is called Woods.

2 comments:

  1. :) I love it and it looks simple beautiful on you. I praise God for answered prayer concerning Max n Annie. it wouldn't let me post on that page

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bits, you always are beautiful and just the right size to me...be happy.

    ReplyDelete