Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Dave's New Sweater

This sweater was Dave's Christmas present. I actually started knitting it back in 2009, but as with so many projects, I got distracted. I put it to the side when I realized I wasn't going to finish it before the cold weather ended that year, and it lay forgotten among my WIP's until September of this year. Knowing I couldn't afford a fancy Christmas for Dave, I decided to get this sweater back out and finish it. I only worked on it at night when he was asleep, and managed to have it completed and under the tree for him. He loved it! It finally got cool enough for him to wear it, and I snapped these pictures as we were leaving for Saturday night's singing service. The second is a close-up of the detail around the collar. (I was pretty proud of that)The pattern is called Terry's Pullover, designed by Carol Feller, and it can be found in the 2009 issue of Interweave Knits, Holiday. The yarn is Cascade 220, a warm, and very durable, 100% wool. I'm sorry, I don't remember the color #.

2 comments: