Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

More Painting

The hall is freshly painted! Monday, Dave and I got the paint, so I could begin. Since only one person at a time can fit in this narrow space, Dave spent this last vacation day, resting and trying to get back into work mode. I painted the walls and the trim. I had to stand on a scaffold to paint over the tops of the doors, but I got it done. I took yesterday off so the paint could get good and dry, then today I did the door. I didn't think I was going to paint the door, because it's pretty new, but the shiny white trim made it look dingy. I also painted the trim in the restroom. It hasn't been too long since the walls in the restroom were painted, but the trim really needed a fresh coat. It made a huge difference.
Tomorrow, I plan to paint the other sides of the doors, then be finished until Spring. Looks like our plans are moving forward.

4 comments:

  1. woo hoo. guess you heard my plans are on hold til Wesley is breathing better...Now I wish I hadn't asked:::::::::::::::::::::::::I want what I want NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry. Are you too terribly disappointed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, I am very disappointed. I never seem to get what I want....and yes, Glenda. it looks really nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry, Norma. I wish I hadn't said anything, now. I just was laying in bed last week, and I could smell the wet paint, even with the door closed. Then I started thinking about Wesley's breathing problems, and wondered if we should wait until his lungs cleared up. I had no idea the nurse would ask you to wait til summer. Now I feel like I killed your fun. Why don't you ask again after his lungs clear up? I'm still willing to help you do the whole room instead of one wall at a time.

    ReplyDelete