Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Friday, January 27, 2012

Here We Go Again

Dave has been asked to emcee the Sweetheart Soiree again. Last year, I began knitting myself the Cherie Amour sweater from Knitty's Fall 2007 collection of patterns. The pattern was going well until I separated for the armholes, when it became too confusing to continue. I ended up buying something to wear, and packing away this project. When I found out we were going again this year, I brought the unfinished sweater back out. I was hoping that a year away from it would give me time to get over my frustration, and fresh eyes to figure out my mistakes. I wasn't four rows in, when I was ripping out again. No! I said. I'm not doing this again. No sweater is worth all this aggravation. I began to unravel, and didn't stop until the Cherie Amour was no more than a pile of yarn on the bed. It broke my heart a first, but the more I ripped back, the more I began to feel the weight lift off me. My sweater from hell was gone, and I had all this beautiful yarn to use for another, more worthy of my time, sweater...And I found it! Flipping thought the pages of last year's Winter issue of Knitscene, revealed the perfect sweater for this yarn. It's called Tereza Pullover, designed by Melissa LeBarre. I began this pullover on January 24th, and have already completed it down passed the separation of the sleeves to the waist shaping section. Wow, this one is much easier. Having this completed by February 11th, the date of the Sweetheart Soiree, is definately an attainable goal, thanks to my insomniac knitting.

For those of you who may have missed the saga of the Cherie Amour sweater, you can read about it here, here, here, and here.

2 comments:

  1. glad to hear you are settled about the sweater. Better to "Let it go"

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got it right..no need to stress what can be laid aside...be happy!

    ReplyDelete