Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Free Range Rabbits?


Yes, you read it right. When Dave and I started walking last year, we discovered this rabbit on the next street over. At first I thought it was a garden ornament. Surely there isn't a real live rabbit roaming around the neighborhood. Then, one day, my garden ornament moved. Wow! It is actually a real rabbit. Since that first sighting, I've discovered there are two other rabbits, a solid white one, and a chocolate brown one. The woman who lives across the street from this house told about them. She likes to sit on the porch with her grandchildren and watch them. Apparantly, they're more active in the morning. I've seen all three bunnies off and on, but the one pictured below is the one seen most often. I worried about them running around in a cat populated area, but I've been told the cats ignore them, probably because they're so big. In fact, they're every bit as big as some of my smaller cats. I finally managed to get a non-blurry shot of the black and white. Hope you enjoy..

5 comments:

  1. I miss Roger. That said. I am glad I do not have to worry about him anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glenda, you wouldn't believe the size of these rabbits. That's part of the reason I thought it was a yard ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. There are rabbits around here, too. I have seen them in my yard and these cats did not seem to bother with them either. Jordan saw one in Paula and Ronnie's yard out back and I think they belong to them. I think there is 2 but am not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen some pretty big rabbits. The lady that sold Roger had bunnies as large as Beau. We loved Roger but he was not very loving to us. Roger was a dwarf breed that is why he was so tiny.

    ReplyDelete