Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Mystery Blossom

I think it was in 2006, but I'm not sure. I bought two sage shrubs, one Texas Sage and one Silver Dollar Sage. I potted them, because at the time I didn't know where I wanted to plant them. I've been moving these pots from location to location almost since I bought them, but it looks like I finally found a happy place for them. I know that because in all the years I've had them, this is the first time I've seen a bloom. The mystery part comes from the fact that I lost the lables long ago, and they look so much alike that I don't know which one blossomed.
So, folks, this is either a picture of a Texas sage flower or a Silver Dollar Sage flower. Whichever one it is, it sure is pretty. :)

3 comments:

  1. It does not look like the Texas sage flowering I used to have? I have never planted or heard of the other plant..the plant does not look the Texas sage i had either but there may be different kinds?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked online and I think it is Compact Texas sage?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can surely NOT tell you ... I am plant stupid. I just know I like what ever they are!

    ReplyDelete