Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Memory Triggered

It always amazes me, how the smallest detail can make me feel so nostalgic At the produce market, they have a pea shelling divice, that separates the shells, sending the peas down a conveyor belt. Today, I got to watch them do purple hulls. As I got closer to the area, the scent of freshly shelled peas took me back in time. I could just see my mother and me, sitting and shelling peas from Dad's garden, as we watched TV together. Now, I'll always associate that smell with that memory.



Well, I know I've written several photo-heavy posts, but I just wanted to share. I hope you enjoyed them, and if you get a chance, I highly recommend a visit to Eford's Peaches And Produce in Pittsburg, Texas.

1 comment:

  1. I, too, have shelled many, many peas. Snapped green beans and many other vegetables for canning. Would be grand to have those days back with family all together. Don't miss prepping cucumbers though.

    Thanks for sharing all the pictures from your happy day. It looks like it was a beautiful place. I am so glad you got to go and have such a good time with Dave.

    The ice cream looks yummy.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete