Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Gorgeous Find

It all started with a text. One of Dave's coworkers had been to an estate sale, and he noticed several big bags of yarn. Knowing that I knit and crochet, he wanted to make sure Dave knew about the sale. By the time we got there, most of the yarn was gone, but I had the opportunity to look through all the projects, completed by this talanted woman. They were folded, and placed on a table, ready for thier new homes. As I unfolded each piece, I was struck by the attention to detail. It was such beautiful work that I had to bring at least one item home. I chose this gorgeous knitted shawl, with a leaf pattern border. Wow, I wish I could take credit for this work. If I could someday do work that's even half this lovely, I'll be thrilled.

6 comments:

  1. Very beautiful.. but I have high confidence that you could make one just like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I'd been able to find the pattern, I'd sure give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful and everything you make is just as beautiful
    FYI I ran onto the pattern of Mother's for "Navajo Afghan" do you want it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, the Navajo pattern is listed on freecrochetpatterncental.com. Thanks anyway, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lucky to find such a treasure, and how lucky to have friends who watch out for yarn for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a beautiful shawl.

    Your work is just as beautiful and you do pay attention to detail. I have confidence that you are one of the best knitters around.

    I pray you have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete