Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Thursday, December 29, 2011

What A Week!

I've loved having my husband home this week, and is has been quite a week. Monday, began the painting of the TV room. Home Depot had Martha Stewart Living paint on clearance for half price. They were out of the color I'd picked out, but they mixed me up a color in the same family. It turned out quite a bit darker than I thought it would be, but I love it. Talk about a happy accident. I'd have never picked a color this dark for an interior room, and obviously I'd have missed out.
We got the second coat on the wall Tuesday, and left to do errands. By the time we got home, the paint was dry enough to start the trim. We finished up the trim on Wednesday, then got the chairs and TV back in the room (but not up against the walls, obviously). I then cleaned all my pictures and stuff to get it ready to go back on the walls Friday (we want to make sure the paint is good and dry).
Having reached a stopping place in our chores freed us up to go to Dallas today. We stocked up on cat food and other supplies at Costco, and I got to take advantage of an end of year sale at Woolie Ewe (Dave had given me some yarn shopping money for Christmas). We ate at our Chinese restaurant, then went to Lane Bryant, where I took advantage of a bra sale (can I mention that in public?).
Now, I'm trying to wind down for bedtime, but I seem to be too excited. I got a new pattern book, and the yarn to make myself a sweater. I just hope I can keep my attention span focused and finish it. Tomorrow, after we've completed the room, I'll be sharing pictures.

Hope all of you have a great night, and a very happy New Year's weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment