Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas 2011

We had an awesome Christmas yesterday. Dave grilled us some steaks, roasted some potatoes, and steamed us some fresh brussel sprouts. After our tasty meal, we opened our gifts. I've begun a tradition of knitting Dave a pair of socks each Christmas. The poor guy didn't think he was getting a pair this year, because of all the other things I was knitting. I fooled him by only working on them at night, and wrapping them in with a book I'd bought for him. I also got him a variety of cooking items he'd been eying last time we were at Tuesday Morning, and a gift card from Home Depot. Dave got me a lightdenim jacket to wear on my walks (if I ever get back in the habit of walking), a flannel gown I'd been eying since the cold temperatures became colder, and all the knitting books from my Amazon wish list. I also got two special issue magazines from Interweave Press; Holiday knits 2011, and Jane Austin knits, which is filled with regency inspired patterns.
Later that day, we took all the Christmas stuff down. I was sad to see it go. It's seems like I was finally getting into the full spirit of Christmas, when it was over. I suppose I could have left everything out, but today starts Dave's week of vactaion, and I knew we were planning to paint the TV room. Having the Christmas stuff put away made it much easier to begin today's task. Poor Dave has spent the morning clearing out the furniture, while I slept. I wish he'd have woken me, because I feel guilty about that, but I'm awake now, and I intend to pull my share of the work...starting now...

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are happy..that is good..no way I would take my tree down until Jan 15th...I know a lot of people that can hardly wait to put up the Christmas trimmings..I am not one of them.It would be exciting though to get the house painted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We normally put the Christmas stuff away Christmas night. I've always thought a tree looks a little sad and droopy with nothing under it. Also, that's when Dave is off to help me. This year, we could have left it up longer because of his vacation, but it just has become a habit with us to up it away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I mean to PUT it away. They should allow you to edit these comments. I could delete, and rewrite, but I'd be surprised if I could remember what I'd written. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. we plan to put it away after the boys see my lights and stuff on Thursday. I hope we can get it down Friday. I usually take mine down Christmas night also. I usually put it up Fri after thanksgiving and leave it till christmas night. I do enjoy looking at every one else tht gets left up. We have not got much christmas viewing this year. Brad took us out behind Craze House and it was beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad You had a good Christmas. Hope your painting has went well for you.

    I will take my few little things down someties this weekend. I have to put my tags and sticker on my car and i need to adjust Jordan's car seat.

    I also need to do a bunch of homework. I hope to start the new year off right and catch up a little???? Hope?

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete