Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Booga Experiment

Dave asked me to make a booga bag for his granddaughter, Kloe, for Christmas. Normally, I would find two skeins of striping yarn for this, but I wanted to try a little something different. I became inspired by the Jared Flood's Turn A Square hat pattern. The designer uses a striping yarn, and a complimenting solid color yarn to create skinny stripes in an interesting way. I used the free version of the booga bag pattern, knitting the bottom of the bag in the solid color. After picking up my stitches, and joining to knit the body of my bag in the round, I started my stripes. I knit two rows of solid, and two rows of striping, just as in Jared's hat pattern. Because one of my yarns changes color within the skein, no two stripes look the same against the solid color. I hope it turns out as pretty in person as I'm seeing it in my head. :)

For all you knitters out there, here are the links to the two patterns:
http://www.blacksheepbags.com/booga_bag.html

http://brooklyntweed.net/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_4&products_id=13

No comments:

Post a Comment