Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Monday, December 12, 2011

More Christmas Decor

Just sharing some more photos. The first one shows the Christmas cards we've recieved so far. I had Dave string our pine cone garland across the entryway to the the TV room, then I pinned our cards across it with clothes pins. I love the look. Second picture is our fireplace. I put a layer of cotton batting across the mantle, arranging it to (hopefully) look like clouds, then set my tin angels on top of it. Next, I stuffed my stockings with skeins of yarn, so they'd look full and festive. I'm so happy to report that I found our angel tree topper. We bought this angel the first year we were married. I had packed it away when I started using bows and ribbons for the tree top, but after seeing Norma's angel, and how pretty it looked, I decided to use my own. I thought I was never going to find her. And, lastly, my mousie stocking. I bought this from a seller, who came by Unique Image, where I was working at the time. We're really not supposed to buy from solicitors, but I couldn't resist this cute little piece. When you press the green band, the mice sing "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" in thier little mousie voices. Very cute. I hope you enjoyed my Christmas-y picture post. Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. loved the share. enjoyed our visit today. thanks for adding extra beauty to my tree in the dining room and for the church ornament. Every thing looks so festive at your house. I look forward to party time with my family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. The cards look great. I have very few cards this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have as many cards as I usually do. I think it may be because of the invention of email, and because of how expensive they have become. I found a great sale at Tuesday Morning, or I may have had to forgo cards myself. That would have made me sad. :(

    ReplyDelete