Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Success!

I couldn't have asked for a better week.  Just as I had predicted, we were very busy with parties, shopping, and cooking, but everything turned out perfect.  The women's Christmas party and all day shopping trip were both complete blasts, and yesterday's family Christmas party couldn't have been better.  We enjoyed a meal of Turkey soup with choice of rice or noodles (I'm a noodle girl myself), ham or turkey and cheese sandwiches, and plenty of sweets and snacks for later.  We played bingo for prizes, and had our gift exchange.  I got a set of hand embroidered napkins, and some glasses that used to belong to my mom, and Dave got a gift card for Amazon.com!  I hope everyone had as good a time as I did, and I'm already looking forward to next year.  Merry Christmas to all of you!  May your day be filled with many blessings!

5 comments:

  1. I had so much fun at the party. I went with Zita for some last minute shopping she had and came home. I cleanup for bed, hair washed, etc and then I for a troubled tummy that kept me up the rest of the night. I vomited from 6:30 until 9:30 and every since I have been in bed making sure I don't move around. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I didn't eat or drink anything but water so maybe my tummy will settle down. going back to bed now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a wonderful time at the party. I, too had a sick stomach last night but praise the Lord, no throwing up.
    I didn't eat anything until late this afternoon. I ate a little chicken noodle and then later a little toast. Wishing I had had some crackers but not up to going for them.

    I, too, am looking forward to a better tomorrow as I will have the boys from10 till 2.

    God bless and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope we didn't serve bad food! Dave and I are fine except for some aches and physical tiredness. I slept all night and half of today. I did manage to get the laundry done, and things washed and put away, so today wasn't a total loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, NO a thousand times no nothing I ate at your house made me sick. It was just a bug. We had a fabulous feast! Love having Christmas at your house....This year seemed especially fun since I didn't get to make it last year. I thought it would be difficult for me without Wesley, but thanks to all the love and surrounding of family... I had a great time. Can we do it again next week?

    ReplyDelete