Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Serious Knitting ADD

I've always had trouble with this. I pick a knitting pattern, choose my yarn, and I can hardly wait to start. I cast on, and knit on it for about a week or so. This is about how long it takes me to stumble upon another pattern I just can't wait to start. This results in bags and bags of unfinished projects lying around the house. After a few months have passed, I begin to feel embarrassed at not having finished anything, so I'll get some of these projects back out, and work on them until something is completed. This year is completely different. I can't make myself get around to finishing a single project I've started in the last few months. I'm starting to fear I'll have nothing finished in time for the crafts exhibit. Now, I know that's a long way off, but it's much shorter than you think when you're trying to knit an afghan or something big. If I don't get hold of my scattered mind, I'll end up with just small items (the way I did last year), or nothing at all...And that would make me sad. :(

2 comments:

  1. I pray you get with it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray you get yen to finish!! Not just a yen but a get to it.

    Enjoyed prayer meeting. Been missing seeing you. Hardly ever see you anymore except at church.
    God bless your home with all your kitties.

    I love all the Roses pictures and posts. I have not been checking everynight as I used to do but I try to catch up when I do. I really enjoy your blogs.

    ReplyDelete