Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Remaining Rose Pots

When I first planned my new rose bed, I knew it would safely hold five rosebushes. In hindsight, I probably could have fit a sixth plant in, but at the time, I wasn't sure. I didn't want to risk losing any of them. I picked out five rose bushes, whose branches each produce a different color rose, and were most uniform in size. These two photos show the bushes that remain potted. My Joseph's coat bush (left) wasn't chosen. "why?" you might ask. Since the Joseph's coat produces blooms that change color as they mature, you'd think it would be perfect for a multi-color rose garden. You'd normally be right, but I had to plant the orange rose at the side of the house into the bed, because it's pot was broken along the top. Since the Joseph's coat's pot was intact, and orange is one of the color stages of it's blooms, that would have been too much orange together in the same bed. The rosebush on the right (not sure of the variety) produces white roses, and also has a broken pot. I so badly wanted to include it in the bed, but it is just so big. When we moved it over to where we had placed the sellected roses, it just overshadowed them. This last photo is a beautiful, climbing variety that produces an explosion of buds that bloom into small, sweet-smelling pink roses. I had moved this pot over to the side, where the orange bush originally sat, and liked it so much, I decided to leave it there. It is my opinion that this gorgeous plant is more than able to stand alone.

1 comment: