Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Friday, March 1, 2013

Extra Long Striped Scarf

I just took my latest project off the blocking mats, and I'm so proud of the results.  I started this scarf back in 2011, but sadly, it is one of the many projects I sent into hibernation during my knitter's block.  I found it, and resumed working on it off and on during the holiday season, but around the first of February, I really got busy.  Since it's a simple 1x1 rib pattern, a mindless knitting process that doesn't require heavy concentration, I was able to work on it during tv time, and on road trips.  I'm so happy to have completed it!
This scarf was knit with two neutral color skeins of Noro Silk Garden sock yarn, purchased from two different Woolie Ewe end-of-year sales.  I used almost all of the yarn from both skeins, making the scarf extra-long so my freakishly tall husband could wear it, too. He's actually excited about it, which surprises me a little.  He doesn't get cold as easily as I do.
 I just can't tell you how happy I am to be knitting again.  The recent scarf-wearing trend, and the excitement over using my long-stashed yarn, has me tirelessly searching Ravelry's many scarf and cowl patterns.  I don't know how long this obsession will last, or how many scarves will emerge as a result, but I'm going to enjoy it for as long as I can.

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you!

    Keep stitching on...............

    ReplyDelete