Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Friday, March 15, 2013

Home Improvements!

It's been very busy around this place the past week.  With our tax return, Dave and I decided to get new windows.  Our house still had the old aluminum framed, single pane windows.  They didn't do a very good job keeping the outer temperatures and the noise out, and they were a big part of the reason our electricity bills were so high.  We were told they were just a half step up from having empty openings in the house.  That may have been a sales ploy, and an exaggeration, but I do know that it's always felt drafty and cold in certain parts of this house..so they weren't completely wrong...
The new windows came two weeks ago, and this week, we've had them installed!  They are beautiful, double pane, double hung windows, which tilt down for easy cleaning.  They keep the inner temperature of the house regulated, and they keep the excess noise out.  Actually, the latter is an unexpected bonus.  I didn't realize how much noise the old windows allowed in.  With these new windows, outside noise is muffled, and the whole atmosphere in my home is peaceful and relaxed.  Charlie's workers have, as usual, done a great job.  They're the ones who built our screened porch and utility room, and also the ones who repaired the ceiling in the craft room. Their attention to detail is the reason we always call them for any home improvement job.  If they don't do the particular task, Charlie always knows someone who does.
During the course of the window installation, I've taken this opportunity to wash and iron the curtains, dust and vacuum behind furniture (although, they did most of that), and do various spring cleaning projects.  Charlie's men also power washed our vinyl siding, and Dave helped me put the houseplants outside for the spring and summer months. Now the inside of our house looks so clean and clutter-free, and the outside looks green and inviting.
So, now I need to get out there and weed that front azalea bed..

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud for you. I know how exciting it is just to do a spring clean. I will soon feel more like getting about. I sometimes feel like I have been a little sick for a year.

    ReplyDelete