Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Our Own LYS!!

I'm so excited!  While Dave and I were out running errands, we passed by a little shop called Ewe-nique Creations of Paris.  My heart began to beat a little faster, because I know that any shop with a "Ewe" in the title, has to either be a store for people obsessed with little sheep figurines or a LYS (or local yarn shop for my non-Ravelry member readers).  After we finished our errands, we circled back by, and sure enough, it's a yarn shop!!  The store, located on Bonham street, just off the square, is brand new, and still in the process of stocking, but I couldn't resist a quick browse and a conversation with the owner.  Dave pulled up a chair in the bored husbands' section for a visit with her husband, while I buried my hands in soft wool awesomeness.  So far, she carries mostly Cascade yarns (which I love!) and she also stocks Knitpicks needle tips, cables, and whole sets, including the new Sunstruck blond wood.  Since I have three different sets of KP needle sets, I didn't need any needle tips, so I just passed them by.  Ha! Surely you didn't believe that blatant lie?  Of course I picked up a pair of Sunstruck tips, but only one!  I also purchased a hank of Cascade Heritage Silk fingering weight yarn for the next shawl I want to knit.  For some reason, I've become obcessed with lace knitting lately.
My yarn and needle tips.  Isn't this the prettiest red ever?
A close-up of her business card.  So cute!


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful.. we will have to go together some times.
    BTW Prayer meeting was so amazing!

    ReplyDelete