Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Blue Ribbon Post

The Red River Valley Fair has opened, and still going strong, but the awards for the craft exhibit entries have already been given.  You really never know what will catch the judges eyes.  As I've stated earlier in my blog (way too many times), I've been halted by a knitters' block for most of the year.  Looking for inspiration, I stumbled upon a YouTube video, explaining how to knit the ruffled scarves that have become so popular.  These are actually very easy, because all you have to do, is open the lacy yarn, and just knit the top row of loops together with a simple garter stitch.  At last, I'd found the perfect instant gratification, easy-to-finish project, to get me over my knitters' block. I picked up a skein of the brand of ruffling yarn sold by Hobby Lobby, and began.  It was so much fun watching the ruffles form as I worked, and before I knew it, I had finished my first project since Christmas! There was only one problem...it became an addiction, and before I knew it, I had become the proud owner of three ruffled scarves. :)  When I was picking out items to enter, I just had to include them.  I know they were easy, but they're so different from anything I'd ever entered, that I couldn't resist.  I wasn't sure if such easy projects would bring ribbons, but I thought they'd look pretty in the display either way.  Was I ever wrong! All three of these beauties, along with a pair of bulky boot socks, earned blue ribbon awards. 
I wish you could see the detailing on these socks.  They're my favorite pair I've ever made.
I'll be posting my red ribbon projects throughout the week.  I want to include some of my own photography I took for my ravelry page.

1 comment: