Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Monday, August 22, 2011

What A Bargain!

Saturday, the 14th, we went to Plano for our montly Costco visit. Since we were in the area, and since I had some Birthday money left over, Dave took me by the Woolie Ewe. While there I found the best bargain. The kind of bargain that can't be passed up.
In the back of the store, where they display all the on-sale yarn, I found some Yuzen, a beautifully soft blend of wool, silk, and kid mohair from Noro. This yarn normally sells for $10 per hank. It seems Noro is discontinuing this particular yarn, and Woolie Ewe had it marked half price for quick sale. I was in the process of picking 5 same colored hanks, when I was told by an employee that this yarn was on sale for even less! It was actually $2.50 per hank. Wow! Ten dollar yarn selling for two-fifty? I managed to find 15 hanks in the same color, and bought them all.
Now, as completely amazing as all this is, would you believe I have even better news? At the check out, I found out I had enough points to earn a $25 voucher. Yes, folks, I ended up taking home $150 worth of yarn for a little over thirteen dollars. Now, that is what's called a very happy birthday.

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! Good shopping! Now to find the perfect project to use it on!!

    Enjoyed prayer meeting.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had time to make myself a sweater before Chistmas. These colors would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete