Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Bright Red Mitts

Can you believe it? I've actually finished something! I knitted these mittens from a pattern called Kilronan Mittens. It was designed by Kate Gagnon Osborn, and can be found in the 2011 issue of Interweave Knits Weekend. I would rate the difficulty level at medium, only because of the cables. If you're familiar with how to do cables, you'll find the pattern easy. The yarn I used is Wool-ease, an acrylic/wool blend, put out by Lion Brand. It only takes one skein! What a great way to use one of those lonely, leftover skiens, lying in my stash.

8 comments:

  1. Very cute. Bitsi, guess what I saw knitted in a magazine..an ottoman. Actually a cover for an ottoman..so cute. They are very expensive. Wish I could remember which magazine it was in. It was a cable stitch..also the cable stitch pillows are very stylish now. have you ever knitted pillow shams? I love the huge knitted stocking filled with ever-greenery and big bow woven into the cuff. I saw last year in a magazine used as a door decoration. It was beautiful. Did you ever make one of the little bunnies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to tell you..these mittens look like Christmas..you know how I love Christmas..if I had your skill and had made them I would be ready to put up the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I've seen knitted ottomans, stockings, pillows, and just about everything you could imagine. Sorry to say that, no, I haven't knit any little bunnies, or ornaments of any kind. My knitting motivation has suffered during this brutal summer heat. That's why I was so excited about finishing something. lol

    I think I'm going to enter these mittens in the arts & crafts fair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look like winners to me. This heat has slowed us all down. I don't go outside but I still sense it...sounds crazy but I feel lifeless and I know it is the heat outdoors still affecting me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe it. Just opening the door to let the cats in or out takes the energy away from me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) Zita helped me fix this by tele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them mittens. A wonderful reminder that things WILL eventually cool off.

    God bless you with peace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those mittens. I think those little sweater, hats, etc ornaments you made us would be neat for the RRV fair, too

    I love you

    ReplyDelete