Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Oops!

I made quite a mistake. The Inishowen scarf I just knit was a gift for my recently widowed great aunt. She had given one of her hand knit scarves to a lady she'd met at the VA hospital, who had admired it so much. I knit this scarf for Aunt Bettie to replace the one she had so selflessly shared with another.
No camouflage this time. I knew better than to photo this one against the backdrop of the carpet.
I finished Inishowen last week, blocked it over the weekend, then gave it to Aunt Bettie before prayer meeting Tuesday night. The good news is she absolutely loved it! The pattern and the color were perfect! The bad news is that none of that matters, because she's allergic to wool. I know I should have asked about allergies before picking out yarn, but I really wanted to surprise her.
I donated the wool scarf to the church for raffle, and promised Aunt Bettie a new scarf. I'm happy to report that I found the perfect yarn in my stash. It's a Rowan yarn, called Cotton Jeans. I don't remember exactly when I bought this yarn, but I do remember getting quite a bargain, as it was being discontinued. Not to worry, because I have more than enough to knit this scarf. Cotton isn't as light weight as wool, but this yarn has a nice, soft drape, and the color is almost identical to the wool I used for the other one. I think she'll like it just as much, I'm just sorry she has to wait another week.

No comments:

Post a Comment