Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Noro Yarn Love

Every year, Dave gives me yarn shopping money for Christmas.  Normally, I try to be as frugal as I can, but my Christmas money is for treating myself.  One of my purchases this time was the book, Knit Noro Accessories.  I love Noro pattern books.  They are full of colorful patterns, set against a beautiful background.  A plus with this particular book, is that accessories don't require as much yarn as sweaters and afghans, so I can treat myself to Noro yarn a little more often without completely breaking the bank.
Picture taken in the car on the way home from Dallas
After I got home from Dallas, I spent a few days just browsing through the patterns in this book.  I decided on the Puzzle Scarf for my first project from the book, and since we now have a yarn shop in our town, I decided to buy my yarn locally.  They are small, and just getting started, so they can't put items on sale yet, but that's ok.  I can't buy from them all the time, but this is my Christmas money for treat yarn, and I want them to stay open, so I went to them.  Knit Noro Accessories must be a newer book, because when I went into the shop, the owners and a customer, who had stopped by to sit and knit a while, had never seen this book.  I think they had as much fun looking through the patterns, as I had shopping for yarn. I probably spent more time in that store than I should have, and knew Dave was waiting for me in the car.  I finally chose my yarn, and bid my new friends good-bye for the day (I have been back lots of times since :)).  I started to work on my puzzle scarf that very day.  I'm pleased to say that I have stuck with it and the scarf is now finished except for blocking.  I am waiting for a Big Lace scarf to dry, so I can use all my blocking mats, and as soon as the Puzzle Scarf is blocked, I promise to create a blog post, with plenty of pictures.

1 comment:

  1. can't wait to see the pix. I really enjoyed our time together yesterday

    God's blessings on you

    ReplyDelete