Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Yummy!

My husband found this great recipe, courtesy Kathleen Daelemans, from the food network site, and I thought I'd share it with my friends. Here is the link if you'd like to visit their site. You can find all kinds of tips and recipes there.

Tomato Basil Soup

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium sweet onion, chopped
1 can ground, peeled tomatoes
5 cups of vegetable or chicken stock
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil, thinly sliced

Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until softened (about 10 minutes). Add tomatoes and stock. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer. Cook until soup is slightly thickened (about 20 minutes). Season with salt and pepper. Stir in basil. Place the pot of soup directly in sink, and using a stick blender, blend until smooth. Serve immediately.

We don't have a stick blender, so my husband uses the regular blender. Do half the soup, then the other half, that way it doesn't spill out. We love to top each serving with romano cheese, and bacon bits (real ones). Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a soup I love from Macaroni Grill..I plan to try this recipe.I love Food Network. Stick blenders are really cheap, take up little space and you will find yourself using it a lot. I have bought so many small appliances that just take up space..my stick blender is not one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. That's an idea for a gift for Dave. He never really tells me what he wants for gifts.

    ReplyDelete