Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Monday, October 15, 2012

Back to Normal

Yesterday, Dave, along with the rest of the cast, performed the last show of A Little Murder Never Hurt Anybody.  This play has been a complete success, and I am so honored to have been a part of it.  After the performance, and after we broke down the set (in theater, we call it striking the set), there was a cast party at the director's house.  Each cast and crew member was asked to bring a pumpkin for a pumpkin carving contest.  I had never carved a pumpkin.  Unbelieveable, but true.  I am 44 years old, and  until last night, had never carved a pumpkin.  They had all the tools and plenty of patterns and stencils available for this purpose.  I chose a skeleton pattern.  After everyone who wanted to participate was finished, they lined them up along the  top self for a vote, and mine won!  I am now the proud owner of a pumpkin carving tool and handy scoop! Below is a photo Jill (the director's wife) took of the contestants.  Mine is the last one on the right. Not bad for a beginner.
 If I were to be completely honest, I'd have picked Doug's (the director's) Frankenstien as the winner, but they have all the pumpkin carving tools they need. :)  Thank you Doug and Jill for the gift and for inviting us into your home.  We had a marvelous time!  Thank you, Vicki, Jeff, and the whole Frankland family for your patience, and for allowing me to be a part of this production.  Thank you to the whole cast and crew for all the fun and laughter, and even a few practical jokes. I hope I have the honor of working with all of you again sometime.

1 comment: