Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Glow Bugs

Actually, they're solar lights, but I'm not too old to imagine. :)  Big Lots was selling these cuties for $5 off, and I've always loved dragonflies.  I placed them in my potted herb garden at the end of my walkway.  I wasn't sure if they would work because of my many shade trees, but I'm happy to report that they do!
The kit contains a faux rock, with five flexible tubes.  The dragonflies are placed over bulbs located at the end of each tube.  The rock is your solar panel.  

I love the way these dragonflies look in this pot, even if the lights hadn't worked.

Fortunately the lights do work, and they are beautiful!  This picture doesn't do them justice at all.  In reality, the lights are much brighter, and they blink.  The overall effect is one of dragonflies in flight.
I hope you all had a happy 4th of July!  Never take for granted the freedoms we all enjoy!

1 comment: